O'Reilly Book Reviewer

I review for the O'Reilly Blogger Review Program

Sunday, December 2, 2012

My Review of HTML5 and JavaScript Web Apps


This book rocks!

By sandyboy55 from St. Louis, MO on 12/2/2012

 

5out of 5

Pros: Helpful examples, Accurate, Well-written, Easy to understand, Concise

Best Uses: Novice, Intermediate, Expert

Describe Yourself: Developer, Technical Leader

Having met with Wesley Hales personally at the recent SAPInsider conference, I was pretty impressed with the quality of his presentation. Naturally I picked up this book as I wanted to learn more and I must say - This book rocks!

Today web app development is a convoluted place to be. Wesley Hales demystifies the landscape by explaining what has changed from the traditional client/server model. That is, the browser is the platform!!! The browser has traditionally been a thin interface between the user and the server and that has changed in recent years due to enormous strides in the JavaScript capabilities supported today.

I don't want to mention too many details of this book but do want to mention how much I thoroughly enjoyed reading each and every chapter and learned quite a few new things in each chapter, although I have been playing with HTML5 for more than a year now.

(legalese)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great.. Tutorial is just awesome..It is really helpful for a newbie like me..I am a regular follower of your blog.
    Really very informative post you shared here. Kindly keep blogging. If anyone wants to become a Front end developer learn from HTML5 CSS3 Javascript Online Training from India .
    or learn thru HTML5 CSS3 Javascript Online Training from India. Nowadays JavaScript has tons of job opportunities on various vertical industry. HTML5 CSS3 Javascript Online Training from India

    ReplyDelete